Upper Level diorama bases

I spent the rest of the afternoon doing the diorama bases. I’m swapping buildings between the kits and it is a real nightmare trying to have the same topography between three different mill canals and rivers… It’s a fun exercise and until I have the dioramas done, I can’t do the rest of the scenery base for the upper level. Some of the kits have base plans but I’ve ended up measuring the canal walls etc to try them all out. I’ve been using 1″ foam for the bases and used my new hot knife to cut them – it works a dream. I’ve finished them off today and they now are gluing together. I made the mistake of using the wrong type of glue to stick the base plans on and the foam underneath is a little cratered… Hopefully the glue will be enough but I might stick some giant nails in to be sure too.

%d bloggers like this: