OK, I know it’s twenty days since I last posted but I have been busy – honest! I’ve been a bit of a scattergun recently but knuckled down today to finish off a lot of the Martin Machine final details. I spent last weekend playing for the first time with my Noch grassmaster – great fun! I ended up putting in the track wiring for the upper level until I ran out of wire.
Here’s where I have got to on the Martin Machine diorama:
The power pole won’t fit on the diorama 🙁 but I built it anyway and may fit it on the mainland so to speak. The wires are just cotton which is dead easy to glue on with CA glue.
I’ve put the guttering on, added pipes and lights, put the chimneys in place, added the odd clump of grass and put the beginnings of the electrical wiring in place.
The jib crane is just starting to haul on a pallet. I still need to find some little people to help with the loading and glue all the crates down:
Back on the layout – I grassed up the banks of my river to start adding the greenery. There’s plenty more shrubs and trees to come but first I need to lay the track. I have Micro Engineering bridge track for the bridge and I’m using Peco code 83 for the rest. I need to put in a turnout – hence the wiring – but the benchwork is at a foam and very deep. Let’s hope it works ok which is why I want to get the turnout working before laying the track.