It’s nearly Christmas!!!! I’ve just finished work with a week off, yippee. I’m hoping I’ll get loads of railroad time in.
In the meanwhile, I have finished laying the upper level. It has been a real pain as I have a number of lift out dioramas that the track runs over. These are on 1″ blue craft foam and whenever I leant on the fascia, they moved, the track moved and my trains derailed. I now have them very well wedged in with foam to ensure that they can’t move whatever happens. Given the temperature range in the loft, we’ll see how that goes…
I needed to make some sections of scenery removable as they have Tortoise motors underneath. I did this with clingfilm as a barrier and plaster bandage. I went to Hobbycraft yesterday to buy some more plaster bandage as I have quite a lot of scenery to do over Christmas!
I also tried out one of my iphone apps – vintage camera. It gives some interesting results:
Here’s a few videos of the first trip around the upper level: