Module legs

Legs are done. We decided on trestles as they are easy to adjust heights and quick to put up. The first trestles were too tall so I had to cut them down. I took 6cm off the bottom and thought it would be easy… It took a while as the legs weren’t quite the same length to start with and ended up wonky afterwards. They are now a bit short but I do need to put cork at the bottom and between the module and the legs so that they are just the right height. Next steps are to fill the gaps at the end of the boards and paint the boards black.

Module legs

Module legs

Assembled modules

The trestles have a simple safety chain to stop them opening up and dumping the whole layout on the floor:

Module leg chain

%d bloggers like this: