I started working on my steam pipes but have only got this far – getting the instructions out!
I used black painted paper for the roof and then weathered it with MIG pigments but am not too happy:
I painted it with Vallejo Green Grey but haven’t weathered it again yet:
I laid my four crane tracks. The three to the right entering the turntable are the entry roads and ash track.
I tested the relays and they worked and ran a train on and off a few times. Cool!
The view across the turntable looks good:
I tried both boiler houses. This is the first one:
I prefer the second one:
The view is starting to look good across the turntable:
I tried a yard panorama on the iPhone but it is a bit unsteady:
I sieved on some black grout and then added fine and medium Woodland Scenics cinders and a small amount of grey grout.
I dribbled a load of IPA and water followed by dilute white glue on it:
Let’s hope it looks ok when dry.
I put the boiler house in place with clingfilm around it so it is removable.
That’s all for now!