I finally got home early enough from work to check on my scenery. I have bumps:
The cork has risen on the seam. I guess I used too much water. Grout is quite fine and water takes a while to sink in so I obviously put too much on…
I wouldn’t mind but I have a bumpy track too!
The bit under the boiler house was still damp (3 days later):
These things happen – I usually scenic on plain chipboard or plaster. I cut out the really badly affected bits. The world isn’t flat so no great problem:
I sprinkled more grout and cinders on and tried again. Better luck this time:
I also finished off the foam bases for the new prototype section:
This is the direction of the prototype shot for my AP certificate. Needs a lot of imagination at this point!