I’ve a deadline for the speeder being judged at Weston – the last weekend in April which is only 6 weeks away. Time to get on with it!
This is where I had got to before being diverted by my trip to the States:
I’d taken this to Leigh’s before Christmas and everyone commented how bad it looked so I have taken the radiator off and started again:
I have got O scale couplers which are much more in keeping with what I needed:
I built a styrene coupler pocket to match the pictures:
I took the masking tape off windows and they had leaked!
I cleaned the paint off with a cocktail stick but did crack one pane. Very hard to get in and fix and I’m not sure it is that noticeable:
I’m not happy with the wood stained with A&I. It is a very dark base and the wood in the photos looks much more bleached.
I painted the wood with a mix of Vallejo colours:
I then used a dilute black cadmium red paint to add some faded and worn paint:
This is where I’ve got to:
The roof has had a lick of paint:
And the coupler pocket painted: