I managed an afternoon up my layout with a delightful interruption from Stephen Priest and family on Facetime. It’s amazing how much he has done on his layout since I stayed in February and it is looking really good!
I decided to put the hill in the corner before going any further. My cunning plan was to use scrunched up newspaper and plaster bandage to do the hill form and then to cover it with ground foam.
I had a number of boxes to pad up the corner.
I had fun scrunching up 3 free newspapers and throwing in the corner.
From across the way it fills in the corner.
Rather than wet the bandage first I put it in place dry as it was cleaner.
I then had great fun squirting water all over it.
Thankfully it sets up fairly quick.
I diluted some Hooker’s Green acrylic paint and brushed over the white hill. It looks much better than before.
I used some homemade ground foam to cover the hill. I did have a bit of slumpage when I sprayed the foam and put on the diluted white foam. I’m letting the first lot dry off and then I’ll put some more glue on.
I bought some N and OO scale trees at Warley so here’s one gap which I needed to fill as the background hill ends.
This tree was a bit tall.
This one’s a bit dark but a better size. I’ll wait to see what happens next to it before finally deciding.
And a final shot of the almost finished hill as you enter the loft. There will be trees and bushes in front which will mask the background hills so they recede.