I managed to get quite a few more layers of paint on the walls and also went over to see Robin’s layout. He’s modelling 2010 Seattle and it looks really good.
I used some more splodged layers and then some lighter layers of these colours:
First up was some Iraqi Sand splodged on.
Then it was a dilute coat of the Tan Earth with some Windex to get it to flow.
Finally, a thin glaze of Deck Tan to lighten the colour.
I finally used a neutral Mig wash for the mortar lines and as a final light wash coat. I tried the dark earth wash first. Too dark.
I love the neutral wash and use it on everything.
I painted the brick when that was dry with a mix of Vallejo burnt Cadmium red and an orange.
That was a tad dark compared to my prototype mill:
What did we do before Google Earth!
I mixed up some orange and white oils with some turps:
I daubed it on and stippled it a bit and left it all to dry.
I added a dark Mig wash. It will look better when dry. Promise.
I do prefer real glass in windows so I added glass cover slips cut with an glass scribing tool.