I thought I’d have a go at doing a video for a change on how to clean dirty water. I have tonnes of water, in place and planned, on my layout and it got very dusty when my house was decorated earlier this year.
Here’s how I clean dirty water:
1. Hoover up the loose dust using a soft brush such as a blusher brush;
2. Clean the river etc with water. I use a soft foam applicator and a small amount of water;
3. Wipe the wet river with a tissue. I always wipe in the direction of the river so any streaks look natural with the water flow;
4. Give it all another brush to remove any final leaves or static grass;
5. Apply a coat of an acrylic gloss varnish, such as Future, and let it dry; and
6. Admire your new shiny water!
Do let me know if you have any different techniques.