How to Paint Static Grass to Change the Colour
Many years ago I planted some grass mats, painted them because I didn’t like the colour and then put on some Noch static grass around the edges. Disastrous. The colours didn’t tie. This time I’m back to paint it again and this time get it right!
I used my airbrush and although you could probably dry brush grass, I’m not sure I’d want to do the volume that I have.
This time I’ve gone from this:
- Airbrush – I have an Iwata Eclipse CS but anyone will do
- Vallejo Intermediate Green
- Vallejo Golden Olive
- Vallejo Airbrush Thinner
- Vallejo Airbrush Flow Improver
- Your base scenery to cover any overspray – I used tile grout.
- Scenery fixer – in this instance I used water with 1/3 isopropyl alcohol to cut the surface tension
- 00:14 Method
- 10:37 Final Result
- 11:20 Mini Kathys
All the scenery videos can be found by clicking here. If you are enjoying the series then please subscribe to my blog for the next weekly instalment: