I often get asked about my layout, track plan etc so here are the key facts:
- The layout is based on the New Haven but not one specific location in New England
- I am still not set on an era and may have 3 main dates. My problem is wanting steam and diesel plus I do like some of the later diesels…
- There’s a port, city, steam servicing yard and a pretty upper branch.
- It’s in a room 12’ square
- It’s triple deck
- The bottom deck is 26” off the floor and is a storage level only
- The main deck has a peninsula and the track is 36” off the floor
- The upper deck is between 49.5” and 56” off the floor
- the trains run out of the storage yard in a folded over figure of eight track plan. They pass each other behind the steam servicing yard which is very hard to reach
- The maximum grade is 3.1% and I will never add a curve to thatin future as some trains struggle up it, especially steam
- I started this layout in 2009
- No one area is complete and progress has been slow!
Here are a few quick links if you want to find out more: