How to Model a Miniature Winter Diorama
Over the next couple of videos, I’m testing out a number of snow products that I’ve picked up over the years. To do that, I need some base dioramas. I eventually built 12 similar dioramas, half in O and half in HO/OO as the different scales may need different methods.
The Final Result
The Amazon links are all items I have either bought or bought something similar for myself. Clicking on any links to Amazon will give me a small affiliate income which I use to produce more videos. Every little helps!
- Black 5mm Foam Core
- Picture box frames as bases if wanted
- Bamboo sticks
- Cocktail sticks
- Army Painter Battlefields Razor Wire
https://amzn.to/35jyuob (this is showing as hideously expensive in the UK so the link is so you can see the product and what it is)
- Magnet Wire – this is 0.2mm but you can get 0.1mm which may be better.
- Tacky Glue (thicker white glue)
- Super Glue
- Super Glue kicker or zapper
- Mig Enamel Washes – Dark and Moss. Ammo by Mig and AK Interactive make similar products as Mig were out of production for a long while. This set includes some of my favourite AK colours: https://amzn.to/2NfCPDj
- Basing glue
- 10mm Peco/WWS patchy static grass
- 4mm Peco/WWS patchy static grass
- Woodland Scenics Green clump foliage
- Gaugemaster beige grass mat
- Tamiya Flat Clear
- North West Short Line Chopper
https://amzn.to/2PV7KWe (this is showing as hideously expensive in the UK so the link is so you can see the product and what it is)
- X-acto knife
- Glue Looper
I was given this by Mech Models – well worth checking out their shop too for all those hard to find items in the UK. For overseas (not UK) then this is the product – https://amzn.to/2OIDOrB
- PSG-1 Peco Scene Pro Grass Micro Applicator
- Cotton buds
If you enjoy this then please sign up to my newsletter for the next instalment.