Easy Resin Casting
3D printing is an exciting new tool in the modellers’ tool box and easy resin casting is a way of easily repeating the results. 3D prints from FDM printers often have lines and need a bit of work to get them to look good. That generally means a bit of filing and filling.
Once that’s all done and you have created a perfect master, you can cast that multiple times much more quickly than you can 3D print and finish the same 3D prints.
There are a multitude of different casting materials but I have always had good results with Smooth On products (no affiliation)!
The Amazon links are all items I have either bought or bought something similar for myself. Clicking on any links to Amazon will give me a small affiliate income which I use to produce more videos. Every little helps!
- Master to cast – I used a 3D printed point I designed
- Oomoo 30 by Smooth On – moulding rubber https://amzn.to/2WCHbEW
- Smooth Cast 300 by Smooth On – casting urethane resin https://amzn.to/2TO4Zno
- Enclosure materials around the mould – I used Lego https://amzn.to/2TO0tFf
- Baby Powder https://amzn.to/2TKfacK
- Kitchen Roll https://amzn.to/2I3fBwk
- Stirring Sticks https://amzn.to/2WzPe59
- Protective Gloves https://amzn.to/2I42ScH
- Plastic Cups https://amzn.to/2WBOqNq
If you enjoy this then please sign up to my newsletter for the next instalment.