I’ve built a lot of kits, including a lot of Tamiya non-rail ones, but I do find these instructions somewhat lacking. Even the Japanese language instructions for the Transformers were clearer. The brake cylinder needed filing to fit and filing parts always worries me as I assume that I have got something wrong.
Despite that, the underframe is done:
I’ve got some boxes for the interior so I think I’ll leave the doors open:
I found the grab irons annoying as they had a few drawings for some but nothing for the grab irons. Frustrating as I got a long way through before I found this little piece:
Even with it, it took a while to work out how to use it to get the right size grab irons to fit in the holes. Nearly there.
I also managed to tidy the utility room which has been long overdue. I tidied up my paints and put the number and a spot of paint on my 70 odd bottles of Vallejo:
I must get these boys a base. Their joints have seized up and they appear to be slightly wobbly:
This is my pile of half done projects – sound in a Comet, a Stryker and Bonecrusher diorama and the MaK boys underneath waiting for theirs:
I also have a host of smaller projects waiting such as couplers and a couple of buildings missing a chimney or something: