Getting my groove back

I must admit that I probably last went up my loft to work on my layout in June. Life has been busy and my water videos have ducked all my modelling time and a lot of other time besides.

This week, I was editing the BR convention for YouTube and hot it up on Sunday afternoon leaving me with an hour or two spare…

I’d been up earlier to get a drill to put some pictures up for Mum and my lift was there reproaching me.

There was nothing for it, I had to potter on something so I decided to leaf up some trees.

I had one hill I wasn’t keen on because the colours were just yuck. So I turned this:

Old trees

Old trees

To this:

New trees

New trees

I also worked on my empty rolling hills:

Empty hills

Empty hills

I had put a few trees plunked in place:

Few trees plunked in place

Few trees plunked in place

So I rolled out the newspaper…

Production line

Production line

Got out the glue, foam and leaves…

Glue and leaves

Glue and leaves

And covered my fingers in gunk.

Dirty fingers

Dirty fingers

Basically, I took some Chinese eBay trees…

Chinese eBay trees

Chinese eBay trees

And sprayed them with glue and sprinkled on “leaves”.

Leaved up trees

Leaved up trees

I planted some by pushing a screwdriver through the plaster cloth. None of them are glued in place. I added in the small ones to fill gaps.

I still need some bushes but this is where I am:

A green hill

A green hill

A green hill

A green hill

Comments are closed.