How to add Guttering to Model Roofs
The final details we are adding to our roofs are guttering and down pipes. Most buildings have some way to take rain water from the roof to the ground to avoid it sheeting down on anyone waking past.
Whilst such small buildings wouldn’t necessarily have guttering, it is possible that they would and I like to add the details.
They are easy enough to model from simple styrene shapes such as U-shaped channel and tube.
The Real World
- Wire centred styrene tube – I picked mine up years ago at a hobby shop but you can also use normal styrene tube with a wire threaded down the middle if you cannot find the styrene-coated wire
- 3/32″ or 2.4mm U-shaped styrene channel (Plastruct)
- 2mm x 0.5mm or 0.02″ x 0.08″ styrene strip
- Plastic Magic glue by Deluxe Materials
- Black spray paint ( I use Halfords but any brand will do)
- 00:12 The Real World
- 00:29 Method
- 06:04 Final Result
- 06:23 Mini Kathys
- 08:06 Close
All the modelling scenery videos can be found by clicking here.
If you are enjoying the series then please subscribe to my blog for the next weekly instalment: