Halo Diorama – Lichen and Moss
Lichen and moss is in most forests and jungles. It’s often overlooked and easy to model and add an extra layer of detail to a scene. This video covers techniques which should work in any scale.
if you are working in N or HO then paint is normally enough to suggest lichen or moss but when you get to the larger scales then you can bring out the other techniques.
The “Real” World
- Vallejo paint – something like Golden Olive (70.857) or Olive Green (70.967)
- Pastels – I used a sludgy green one out of my stock but any chalky pastel will do
- Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) – I use 99% from Amazon
- Woodland Scenics Blended Fine Turf – Burnt Grass (T44 or T1344 deepening on size)
- Dilute PVA or White Glue – I use about 1/3 glue to 2/3 water
- 00:13 Real World
- 00:33 Method
- 09:35 Final Result
- 10:12 Mini Kathys
If you are enjoying the series then please subscribe to my blog for the next weekly instalment: