How to Paint Cobbles
We’re continuing to use the Diorama Blitz Kino model kit sent to me by Doug Foscale.
This week we’re painting the cobble stone street. It’s based on the streets I saw this summer in Lisbon and I wanted a bluish toned cobble with cement between it.
The “Real” World
These are all photos from my tuktuk ride in Lisbon. It had some great inspiring streets and buildings.
The Final Result
- Car Primer – I used Halfords grey
- Vallejo – Intermediate Blue – 70.903 and French Mirage Blue – 70.900
- Vallejo – Black Grey – 70.862
- Dark Enamel Wash – AK Interactive and Ammo by Mig all sell versions.
- Tamiya – Red Brown – XF-64
- AK Interactive Dark Steel Pigment – AK-086
- Beige Tile Grout
- Isopropyl Alcohol and Water Mix (1:2)
- White Glue and Water Mix (1:2)
- 00:15 Real World
- 00:52 Method
- 10:11 Final Result
If you are enjoying the series then please subscribe to my blog for the next weekly instalment: