How to Model Brick Debris
We’re continuing to use the Diorama Blitz Kino model kit sent to me by Doug Foscale and we’re nearing the end! This is the penultimate week and we’re looking at brick debris.
It’s really easy to model using a couple of key ingredients and hopefully you’ll be able to get your hands on them easily.
The “Real” World
Brick debris can include dust as well as bricks and if you are modelling concrete then the reinforcing bars are also really evident in the demolition piles.
The Final Result
- Terracotta pots – crushed with a hammer
- 1/35 scale bricks – I used some by Greenstuffworld
- Terracotta coloured grout – preferably no sand in it
- Pigments – I used white Mig pigments and Light Rust by AK Interactive but you can use either Ammo by Mig or AK Interactive instead
- Diluted white glue – 1/3 glue, 2/3 water
- Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) – I mix 1/3 IPA, 2/3 water
- Tacky Glue – just a thick white glue
- Matt acrylic varnish – I used Vallejo but there are many suitable brands
- 00:16 Real World
- 00:49 Method
- 08:10 Final Result
If you are enjoying the series then please subscribe for the next instalment: