3d Printing for Modelling – Filament
Most people start out 3D printing with a filament printer (although I started with resin just to be opposite!) and in this video I talk about the basics and what you might use your printer for in modelling.
I bought a very cheap Chinese printer – an Anycubic i3 Mega – and have used it loads for a variety of items. It’s a filament or FDM printer. Next week we’ll be looking at resin printers.
The Amazon links are all items I have either bought or bought something similar for myself. Clicking on any links to Amazon will give me a small affiliate income which I use to produce more videos. Every little helps!
- 3D Printer – Anycubic i3 Mega https://amzn.to/2VhVDBd
- Filament – PLA eSun PLA+ https://amzn.to/2E7BTdM
- Octopi and Octoprint – https://octoprint.org/download/
- Thingiverse (https://www.thingiverse.com) or Myminifactory (https://www.myminifactory.com). I used designs by Tim Williams: https://www.thingiverse.com/tim1mw/about
- Ultimaker Cura print software: https://ultimaker.com/en/products/ultimaker-cura-software
- Isopropyl Alcohol https://amzn.to/2HejXig
- Small files such as these https://amzn.to/2LAoEs4
If you enjoy this then please subscribe for the next instalment: