Snow and Ice Diorama – Snow over Grass
Please support me on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/KathyMillatt.
Last time we used snow pastes to add a nice deep snow base for a path but sometimes you want what’s underneath to show through, as in this case with grass. It’s an easy technique to build up layers whilst still allowing any modelling underneath to be seen.
The Final Result
These are from my MRVP (Model Railroader Video Plus) diorama that you can check out if you are subscriber there:
The Amazon links are all items I have either bought or bought something similar for myself. Clicking on any links to Amazon will give me a small affiliate income which I use to produce more videos. Every little helps!
- WWS/Peco Basing glue – https://amzn.to/2P19cSL
- 4mm summer grass – https://amzn.to/2Nfkdze
- PSG-1 Peco Scene Pro Grass Micro Applicator – https://amzn.to/2MRfRRU
- AK Interactive Terrains Snow – https://amzn.to/2QluydW
- Hair Spray (Extra Hold) – https://amzn.to/2Qtz6mw
- Noch Snow Powder Ref. 08750 – https://amzn.to/2LkXUI9
- Halfords Clear Lacquer – any spray gloss varnish will do
- Deluxe Materials Micro Balloons – https://amzn.to/2Byt9et
- Scale figure to add tracks if wanted
If you enjoy this then please sign up to my newsletter for the next instalment.