Snow and Ice Diorama – Breaking the Ice
Please support me on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/KathyMillatt.
It’s time to add the broken ice to the diorama. Because I’m modelling a canal, boats will travel along and break the ice along the canal. The area to the right won’t generally be broken as the boats are up to 70′ long and will travel in a more or less straight line from the bottom of the lock down to the next lock.
Sadly, I’ve never made it to this lock in ice… this diorama is as near as I may get.
The Final Result
Tools and Materials
The Amazon links are all items I have either bought or bought something similar for myself. Clicking on any links to Amazon will give me a small affiliate income which I use to produce more videos. Every little helps!
- Paper and Scissors
- Sheet Acetate https://amzn.to/2IJSSns
- Hot glue and gun https://amzn.to/33owKby
- White glue https://amzn.to/2Qyfn1i
- AK Interactive Resin Ice https://amzn.to/2NF6QtP
- White acrylic paint https://amzn.to/2Nop2qg
- Protective Safety Glasses https://amzn.to/34uwbxl
- Disposable Gloves https://amzn.to/34pOl3a
- Kitchen Scales
- Coffee Stirrer – you can get these in most coffee shops although I did get given 3000 by my Mum one Christmas… https://amzn.to/36wC7Ya
- Silicone Adhesive https://amzn.to/2ONs4rI
- Magic Water – I get mine from NGTrains.co.uk – not affiliated in anyway
- Brown acrylic paint – Tamiya JGSDF brown (XF-72) https://amzn.to/2NixuHf
- Acrylic Gloss Medium https://amzn.to/2MU9VYk
- Deluxe Materials Micro balloons https://amzn.to/2Byt9et
- Hoover – I use good old Henry – https://amzn.to/2WHY8ij
If you enjoy this then please subscribe for the next instalment: