Easy to Make Lightweight Foam Rocks
Please support me on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/KathyMillatt.
I was on a mission to find lightweight, easy to make rocks. These work well for smoother rocks or those in the background but you can use the painting technique on any rock face.
Free Model It Yourself Sheet
Click this link to get a copy.
The Final Result
The Amazon links are all items I have either bought or bought something similar for myself. Clicking on any links to Amazon will give me a small affiliate income which I use to produce more videos. Every little helps!
- EVA Foam – I used 10mm but you can use any thickness but thinner foam will require more layers
- Metallic Sharpie https://amzn.to/364q4Ae
- Template – see the Model It Yourself sheet
- Evostik impact adhesive (UK) https://amzn.to/2G0KrU2
- Barge Cement (US)
- Utility knife https://amzn.to/2vVPnbj
- Dremel (I use the snake attachment) https://amzn.to/2Ct61BL
- Dremel sanding drums https://amzn.to/2udjh9Q
- Protective Safety Glasses https://amzn.to/34uwbxl
- Respiratory Mask – https://amzn.to/2Zp9A77
- Flexbond or wood glue (I haven’t tried the wood glue but people swear by it) https://amzn.to/3aoyiXh
- Artists’ acrylics in warm grey https://amzn.to/2v219jU, payne’s grey https://amzn.to/3633tDR, wedgwood https://amzn.to/30zs3eD, mid grey https://amzn.to/2Tzt3xS and raw umber https://amzn.to/2R81PwF
- Water mixable oil colours in olive green https://amzn.to/366tXoj, yellowish green https://amzn.to/2tlSW9R and sap green https://amzn.to/3apMAGQ
- Large natural sponge https://amzn.to/2G0PrYO
- Matt clear sealant by Plastikote https://amzn.to/35LHIc2
- Tacky Glue – just a thick white glue
- Woodland Scenics Fine Turf green blend https://amzn.to/2sCf9Qx
- Isopropyl Alcohol and Water mix (1:2) (https://amzn.to/2BJh6OR)
- White Glue and Water mix (1:5) (https://amzn.to/2ouvu3O)
If you enjoy this then please sign up to my newsletter for the next instalment.